TARRANT COUNTY BACK TO SCHOOL ROUNDUP
Wednesday, August 7, 2013, at Will Rogers Memorial Center
The 9th Annual Tarrant County Back to School Roundup presented by Walmart is
scheduled for Wednesday, August 7 from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Will Rogers
Memorial Center in Fort Worth. The Roundup is an impressive collaborative effort between Tarrant County, the county’s 20 school districts, the City of Fort Worth, public health department, state agencies, non-profit organizations, corporations and volunteers.
- Free school supplies will be given to approximately 10,000 students in pre-K through 12th grade
- Backpacks will also be provided to children grades pre-K through 5th grade
- Free haircuts for school children
- Free dental screenings, fluoride applications, free toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Free immunizations for schoolchildren
- Free health screenings and services for both schoolchildren and their families
- Kids activities, games and interactive demonstrations and booths
- Community resource booths will offer information on such topics as literacy, parenting, nutrition, financial literacy, fire safety, and social services
Recipients of free school supplies must be public school children (ages 4-18) who reside in Tarrant County, and whose families meet the 2013 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
How Do I Register?
Because the need is so great in Tarrant County, families MUST PRE-REGISTER
BY AUGUST 2 and meet eligibility requirements to be admitted to
Roundup and to receive free school supplies. Families will not be admitted
to Roundup on August 7 unless they have pre-registered!
To register you must have valid picture ID, proof of Tarrant County
residency and proof of income showing the family falls below the poverty
- Picture ID includes state driver’s license, state identification card, military identification card, or foreign consulate-issued identification (i.e. Matricula Consular).
- Tarrant County proof of residency includes May, June, July or August 2013 utility bill (electricity, water, phone or gas) showing applicant name and current address or letter from landlord or apartment management company, on company letterhead, indicating proof of residency during May, June, July or August 2013.
- Proof of Income may be verified using paycheck stubs from May, June, July or August 2013 or a letter dated in May, June, July or August 2013 on agency or company letterhead from an employer, welfare office, caseworker, or Social Security Administration Office indicating annual income and signed by an agent of the company or agency. Letter must include contact phone number for verification.
Print out a registration form and bring it to one of the pre-registration events nearest you to receive a voucher. Registration forms will also be available to complete at each pre-registration event. Vouchers are required for admittance to the Roundup.
Pre-Registration forms and event details including dates, times and locations coming soon!
A donation of just $25 provides an elementary student with a free backpack, school supplies, shoes, immunizations and much more. Donate today and make a difference in a child's life.